Monday, March 7, 2011

train station and the giant puddle

I didn't have my camera with me the other day when we visited a commuter rail station, but I wanted to share our experience. The other day it was frigid out and we were looking for something to do, so we went out for coffee and a cookie and then took a walk at the train station across the street from the bakery. For such a simple activity, the kids had a fun time and they can't wait to go back. They got to sit on a bench under a roof, check out billboards, the salt shed, map, and the parking payment board.

Today it's raining and I felt like they needed to burn off some energy, so they got on their boots and raincoats and ran around in the small pond (huge puddle!) in our driveway. They got very cold and very, very wet, but they were overjoyed that they were actually allowed to splash in a puddle for a change.

I feel like I take them to all these big outings and they're not that excited about them, so sometimes it's nice to do something simple that they enjoy so much!

2 comments:

Juliana said...

I love it! Sounds like fun!

Angie said...

Sounds fun! It doesn't take much to impress them...I think the standards come solely from our own expectations.