Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Boston children's museum

We're visiting a lot of museums in September because everyone is back in school, yet the dreaded school trips haven't started yet. I was right and we lucked out at the children's museum... it wasn't crowded at all! We had never been there before because I was intimidated by being around thousands of loud children, so we caught it at the right time.

Turtles!

Photobucket

You can see on their faces how thrilled they were to find Quack. He's on their favorite show!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

If you've ever been here, then you understand that this is the scariest thing ever. It's three stories high and once your child is in there, you can't get them out. It's all enclosed so I wasn't afraid of Jane falling, but I was afraid Malcolm would have to use the bathroom and I couldn't take him! Thankfully that didn't happen!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Angie said...

I love our children's museum; so many fun things! I don't know if your museum does this, but ours does 'toddler Tuesdays'. Every odd Tuesday of the month, there are NO school groups allowed, so those are the only days that we go. It's way too over-whelming for little ones to be there with so many kids, often who are much bigger than they are.

I know what you mean about the enclosed thing...ours has these elaborate ant tunnels where you can't see the kids at all. Cool, but make me a little nervous, too!

Sarah said...

Great idea, Angie! I'll have to look into that!