Tuesday, August 28, 2012

back to Walden

Malcolm specifically asked to go to Walden Pond because he loved it so much last time. He was all ready to leave the house at 8am, when it was 65 degrees out. So I said that we could leave soon if they were willing to walk around the pond first, and they were.

Photobucket

Here's the site of Thoreau's cabin.

Photobucket

A few commuter trains went by, and several breakdown trains!

Photobucket

When we swam, some ducks came over to us!

Photobucket

I like how Jane arranged her towel.

Photobucket

Here's the replica cabin with the actual furniture from Thoreau's cabin.

Photobucket

Photobucket

When I got home I looked up how far our walk around the pond was, and it was 1.7 miles! I can't believe they walked that far without much complaining!

1 comment:

Our Little Lovie said...

1.7 miles is a long walk for little ones--Great job Jane and Malcolm! I haven't been to Walden Pond in so long. I need to get over there before summer is over.