Monday, December 17, 2012

last skating class

Grandpa wanted some more skating pictures so I brought my "good" camera with the lens he gave me to zoom in better. It's such a challenging place to shoot since there is either a net or plexiglass in between me and the kids, so the flash wouldn't work. I had to edit these in Photoshop but they definitely look better than the last ones I took with the point-and-shoot.

Photobucket

The teachers dump out toys and the kids skate to them, pick them up and put them away.

Photobucket

Malcolm and Jane were in the same class today. Malcolm's old class contained him and six girls. I could overhear them saying today: "Where's Malcolm? We want Malcolm!"

Photobucket

He didn't want me to take his picture!

Photobucket

Photobucket

He discovered me and came over to the wall!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Our town's outdoor rink should be open soon, and as a bonus they will be offering lessons. I'm very excited! The kids will already have a good foundation with skating.

2 comments:

Our Little Lovie said...

Knowing how to skate will make the winter much more enjoyable for the kids and, in turn, for you too. Good for you guys!

Juliana said...

They seem so confident on the ice! What a great winter activity!