Saturday, October 13, 2012

party preparations

Jane and Malcolm's party was at home last week. We had scheduled it for Thursday but it was cold and rainy, so I switched it to Friday (the day before Jane's birthday). It was much warmer and sunnier.

A few days before, the kids helped fill the piƱata. I was very surprised how fun they thought this was and that they didn't eat any of the graham crackers, raisins or m&ms!

Photobucket

I had some extra sheets of letters that printed out on white paper when I was making a birthday sign, so Jane made her own sign. She colored and cut out the letters, punched holes in them and strung them on some yarn all on her own.

Photobucket

We hung it up in her room.

Photobucket

Malcolm liked watching me make frosting!

Photobucket

Raking before the party seemed like a good idea. (The leaves are falling early this year!)

Photobucket

Jane was very excited about going to school that day and wanted to wait for the bus extra early, so I got out their rakes.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Jane had asked me to volunteer at her school that day. I forgot the camera, but I did get to see her decorating her birthday crown!

Photobucket

Malcolm helped me get out some stuff to play with.

Photobucket

Here's the other sign!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Our Little Lovie said...

Happy Birthday to Jane and Malcolm! Hope you guys had a super fun day!

Juliana said...

Wow! That sign came out great, Jane! Good job! Malcolm looks like he's enjoying those leaves!

I like your blue Kitchen Aid!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Awesome! Happy birthday to Jane and Malcolm, they must have had so much fun.