Tuesday, January 1, 2013

new year's eve

We thought having apple pie for new year's eve would be fun! Daddy made it with a little help from me.

Photobucket

It turned out very good. We used Empire apples and they worked great - they held their shape and stayed tart. You can also see some of the pot holders I made for the holidays. I gave the rest away but these were the ones that got a little messed up, so I kept them. It was fun to pick out fabric!

Photobucket

The kids stayed up a little bit late, so here's Jane acting crazy! She is wearing that shirt because we watched March of the Penguins earlier in the day. I wouldn't recommend it for kids this young. I had watched it years ago but forgot how many predators there were, so they were a little scared. They still loved the baby penguins... there isn't anything much cuter than that!

Photobucket

Malcolm was happy that now he gets to keep the cardinal for a toy! The Christmas ornaments were put away and I thought the tree looked so pretty with just lights.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

This is a funny picture of Jane. We are putting our tree away today - it's weird to think that holidays are over, and tomorrow we will start back to normal life...

Juliana said...

That pie looks delicious!! I love Jane's crazy face and Malcolm's Batman pj's!